Monday 11 December 2006

My first posting


I've started this blog to muse on the Round Robin journals I'm going to be doing in 2007 with 11 other artists. As part of the experience I'm going to have a record of what I'm doing for all the different journals including my own. I've already made my own journal and mailed it off to Johoanna in Australia where I'm pleased to say it has arrived safely.

My journal is on the subject of PASSION with red and gold the colours I'm using. Don't know what made me think of passion, but the colours are my favourites. Passion just seemed to go well with them. Also I'm such a sucker for love and romance!!

I'm now awaiting Theresa's album which is geared towards words and letters. What a great idea. I've made a background using fabric, tissue paper, paper napkins and watered down PVA glue.

I've added letters from Hebrew, cyrilic script (polish newspaper), greek, french etc. I've seen her own pages and have used colours to go with that as I will be the very first artist to contribute to hers. Quite nerve racking but also very, very exciting!!

1 comment:

theresa martin said...

Hi Frieda,
I'm going to mail my journal to you this week! Hopefully the post will go smoothly even though it's Christmas time.
I will check back on your blog often throughout the year - it'll be a great record of your work in the project.
What you've got planned for my book sounds wonderful!
Theresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails