Saturday 3 March 2007

February Journal Quilt for Contemporary Group Quilters Guild


I'm doing a journal quilt project for both Houston and the Contemporary Group of the British Quilters Guild. The one for Houston will remain a secret till the Houston Show opens but we have decided to publish the Contemporary Group ones whenever we want to. I'm only showing them here to start with so keep an eye out. The background is a vintage damask fabric which is equally gorgeous on both the front and back and comes from a place in Belgium specializing in church vestments, trims etc. It was quite expensive but I just adore it. It has been hand quilted in seed stitch and gold thread. I scanned a fabric collage about February into the computer and then printed it out onto habotai silk. The fabric was rather insubstantial so I've actually left the paper on the back to give it more substance. Gold foiling was added and loads of beads. You will recognize the collage as I've used it for various swaps shown in older posts. The binding is gold silk.

Very good news today via an e-mail from AQS: I've been accepted into the Paducah Quilt show with the quilt Waves of Anger. Wonderful. Now waiting for the posting instructions which will follow by snail mail. This is one quilt which I find very hard to trust to the postal system so it will be a bit stressful to hand it over when the time comes, but I will simply have to train myself to get over this!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails