Tuesday 26 April 2011

Featured in Patchwork Professional

It was wonderful to receive my copy of the latest issue of the German magazine Patchwork Professional in the mail today. No, I'm not a subscriber but there is a Question & Answer article about me in the magazine, together with beautiful pictures of my work. I love the images the editor, Dorothee Crane, choose to use and my Flames of Passion quilt must touch something in people because it is featured prominently in the article as well as on the poster for the colour - quilts - collage exhibition. And perhaps it's only fair to admit it's among my favourites too!


The above card was used by Dorothee to illustrate her editorial at the beginning of the issue (02/2011) and my German was just about good enough for me to translate her very entertaining comments. She suggested an alternative ending to the Red Riding Hood fairytale along the lines of: And if they hadn't died, they would still be quilting today. She also gave it as her opinion that many world problems would be solved if only the parties concerned came together for a quilting bee. Even if they couldn't reach a solution, at least they would have a wonderful quilt at the end! Couldn't agree more!


By the way, the question on this fabric card reads: "Never mind your nose, grandmother, how did you make that quilt?", which is the question I get asked most often whenever I give talks, workshops or as now at the exhibition (minus the nose bit, needless to say).


I also did a project for the Patchwork Professional magazine, more about that tomorrow! You can order a copy from the website of the magazine or if you live in either Germany or The Netherlands from book/magazine shops.



5 comments:

Judy said...

This is ever so exciting! Glad I got a chance to see pictures of it at least!!!!! You are awesome :D :D :D

peggy gatto said...

congratulations!!!
However, it does not surprise me!
Enjoy your day!

Terri said...

Congratulations Frieda! Wow! I am so impressed with your artistry (as you know!).
What a fab idea to sit down an negotiate peace over a quilt! Wouldn't that be something! Somehow, just doing something creative helps ones mind settle down and focus more on beauty rather than discord.
Hugs,
Terri

creativelenna said...

Again, congratulations!!! How thrilling and it looks like they included a number of your wonderful pieces. : )) I am so happy for you!

SheilasEmbroidery said...

How lovely to be so recognised.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails