Tuesday 7 August 2012

Here comes the sun


And about time too. And of course there was no question of a uninterrupted azure sky but there was a lot more blue on view than we've come to expect this summer. I tried to make the most of it as I need to soak up that warmth and light in order to face the coming winter months.

There was more good news. My little quilts about Freedom have been exhibited in Almaty, Kazakhstan. If you had told me that at the start of my art career, I would never have believed it! This entire exhibition of small (no larger than 20 x 30 cm) art quilts is organized by Gudrun Heinz, who is just the best in keeping us up to date with when and where it travels to. Another piece of mine thus made it into the Murmansk (Russia) paper in the past,  and Freedom has now been to Kazakhstan. Hopefully it and all the other art on the theme of freedom will inspire people there. I don't suppose I'll ever make it there myself but you never know.

You can see a glimpse of one of the pieces I made in the right hand side bar of this blog, as it's also featured in the Bernina calendar. I'll be a calendar girl next month when I will share with you both the pieces again (or if you can't wait, click on the Freedom Textile Exhibition label below) as well as an interview Gudrun will be having with me for that occasion. You can see pictures from the Kazakhstan show here (sorry, the text is in German only).

Masquerade Rose

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congratulations! So deserved.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails