Tuesday 14 January 2014

Recycling Christmas Cards


There are days when I go into my studio and discover that I'm simply not in the right frame of mind to make art. I'm lucky in that those days are few and far between and I also know that those moods will pass but today I stared at my to do list and knew nothing on it would be ticked off. Yet I'm aware that for the mojo to come back I need to be in that studio so  I went ahead and started to recycle our Christmas cards. A first for me and it was caused by stumbling on a free YouTube video which inspired me.  The first step was to paint the inside of the cards which will become the new outside. I used my gelli plate and stencils to do so and here is a glimpse of the painted cards. You will see the finished art journal in due course.

There's nothing like getting your hands covered in paint to bring back the creative spirit.

3 comments:

Gillian Cooper said...

These look amazing. I wish I hadn't put our cards out for recycling now!

massofhair said...

Colour is always good to play wih, great recycle project :-) x

Georgina said...

Very heartening to know that someone as deeply wonderfully creative as you also has a fluctuating mojo! Love the colours of the journal quilts - so soft and alluring - draws me through the gate!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails