Tuesday 7 July 2015

All That Glitters

I'm still playing catch-up here, trying to cram in past projects as fast as I can. One of those projects is this quilt that went to it's first exhibition from 19th - 21st June for the National Quilt Championships in Sandown. I don't usually reveal my quilts till they go anywhere as some shows require total secrecy before the show opens and as I can't be bothered to remember which shows ask for this, I keep all my textile art to myself till they have been on their first outing. The quilt, called All That Glitters (for fairly obvious reason!)  has now returned from the show with the 1st Prize for Fabric Painting/Hand Dying as well as a Judges Merit.
As you can see the fabrics I used for the piece are all gelli plate printed and were done with acrylic paints and using stencils. The hanging is machine pieced, hand appliquéd, machine and hand quilted, hand embroidered and embellished as well as trapunto stuffed.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Wow amazing that it is all gelli print fabric!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

AWESOME JOB!!! Love all the colors, and textures!

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats Frieda-this is breathtaking!!

creativelenna said...

So much work and so much beauty ❤

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails