Sunday 11 December 2016

Ten Years of Blogging

It has been a year of anniversaries and it isn't over yet. Not all were good ones but most were. The bad one was the 10th anniversary of the theft of my quilt Blue Waves and you can read more about that one by clicking on the Blue Waves  page tab at the top of this blog. I have decided to close my Picturetrail account next year and make this blog my main online presence so needed to transfer the information about the stolen quilt here.

Then there was the 10th anniversary of winning the European Quilt Championships, my 6th anniversary on the Blipfoto site and today is the 10th anniversary of this blog. My very first post was on the 11th December 2006 which seems so much longer ago than 10 years. I started because I wanted to share the round robin art journal exchange I was participating in. I did three of these swaps in total but the first one was my Passion album and I dug it out of it's box specially to take a picture of it today.

It's says: Create Passion, but I also meant that to mean: Create with Passion. I did that then and I am still doing it now.

At the beginning I didn't blog every day although nowadays I seem to manage that. Partly that is because of my daily blipfoto. If I have nothing to say I simply post the same picture here as I do there,  and call it done. That will probably continue. There are days when I have nothing to say or no energy to say it, while on other days I'm in the mood for a bit of writing. Finally I seem to have reached a stage in my life where I am able to let it go if a blog post is not forthcoming.

Having said that it has been an immense pleasure to share my life here and I want to say a HUGE thank you to all my faithful followers and those that leave comments. I have met some of you in person but I feel I know all of you! I love our connection and hope to share many more art adventures with you as well as doggy tales.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG!

4 comments:

theresa martin said...

Congratulations on 10 wonderful years of blogging.

Bea said...

I have been following you for the past year and have enjoyed your posts. Your quilts are beautiful and since I too have been doing DLP, I like seeng your always colorful interpretations...

peggy gatto said...

My pleasure!

Miss Iowa said...

Congratulations on 10 years of blogging, Frieda! I've enjoyed reading your blog ever since I "met" you on AFA (in 2010 I believe. Where does the time go??). I love your mix of art, photography, Scottish life and dog stories. :) Hope you keep it up for years to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails