Saturday 8 July 2017

The 1 and Only

The prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was: 1. That's right, just the number one, numero uno, No. I. There is only one no. one in our house and it is, of course, the 1 and only Miss Flora. I need no excuses to add Flora to my art and you will see more examples of that in the near future. Life is revolving around her and the results are paying off, in the form of a much more relaxed, trusting and loving dog who has started to realize that life is going to be good. It's a joy to see her blossom.
I am working in a 5.5 x 8" notebook that has been turned into an art journal by glueing pages together and heavy gessoing. The background was done by collaging with vintage texts incorporating the number 1 (from old books about Seamanship). I then used new paints (I'm so easily tempted into paint buying!) i.e. the Finnabair Art Alchemy Impasto Paints by Prima. Love the colours they come in. I also added some Golden fluid acrylics. I found a Stencilgirl stencil that featured numbers (from the December 2014 Stencilgirl Club) and rubbed the paints away through the stencil with a baby wipe.
 I found more number1s on wrapping paper, tissue wrap and a postage stamp. Miss Flora was printed out onto paper using my computer.
I wanted to make the pages sparkle and for that purpose I sprayed through the same stencil as above with the Perfect Pearls Mists spray using the Sunflower Sparkle colourway.  I also added some outlining and doodling.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

How fun. And all the different number one's makes is even more fun. Wonder if my Blue kitty would make such a good subject for a journal page. thanks so much for sharing.

peggy gatto said...

Fabulous pages and Flora deserves to be front and center!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails