Saturday 12 August 2017

I will save you

The prompt this week on Joggles Art Journal Adventures is: water. Well, there is plenty of it about, most of it falling from the skies. I can testify to that having just returned from a very wet dog walk. Water has also prominently featured in a lot of my work, both mixed media and textiles.
I started by making the watery background, using stencils L301 Circles, Circles stencil by Stencilgirl Products, as well as the large stencil from January 2017 Stencilgirl Club and the small stencil from June 2016 Club stencils.
By this time I had remembered a poem that I had added to my Pinterest album Quotations to live by and retrieved it from there. It's by ~e.h otherwise known as Erin Hanson and reads:

I promise I will save you
when you cannot stay afloat,
and if your tears can fill an ocean,
then for you I'll be a boat.

That inspired the imagery I used for collage in this spread. They all come from a vintage book Manual of Seamanship II, 1932. I coloured in the focal image with Sharpie markers.  
The text was printed out using my computer, and I used a piece of blank vintage paper to print it out on. The text was torn out and glued on. I used a watersoluble blue marker around the edges.
Some of the "raindrops" have been added with metallic paint which you can just about see on the image above.

This is the final spread in the 5.5 x 8" notebook/art journal I have been using for Joggles prompts, and is my second album already this year for them. I'm currently on the hunt for another similarly sized journal but I had better be quick as the next prompt is due on Monday.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

What a lovely poem and spread Frieda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails