Saturday 5 August 2017

Life is a Circle

The prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was: mandala. As it happens I had just received the fabulous L537 30 Point Mandala stencil from Stencilgirl Products so it was put to work immediately making this spread in a small 5 x 8" art journal.
This is a very simple spread for me. There is hardly any layering and I have made the mandala the biggest focal point I could manage within these small pages. The background was painted using a brayer and the stencil was added with a mix of paints and a cosmetic sponge.
Then I had some fun finding the words and gluing them on. As you can tell the word BEGINNING eluded me so it is made up of a variety of letters. I like that mix of fonts look although I must admit that it is time consuming specially as I can't help started to read while leafing through magazines to find the words.
The quotation is by Joseph M. Marshall, and it reads: "Life is a circle. The end of one journey is the beginning of the next". A black Stabilo All pencils was used to outline the mandala as well as the words.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails