Saturday 23 September 2017

Abundance

The prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was: Abundance. I used a quotation by Epicurus that reads: "Not what we have, but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance". I started the pages in a 5.5 x 8.25" journal by brayering on the paint, and then splashed on some fluorescent pink for good measure.
Stencilling was added using L568 Crazy Quilts Bold & Beautiful stencil designed by Andrew Borloz for Stencilgirl Products. 
 I also added rubber stamping with stamps (the circle as well as the face) from the EEA01 stampset designed by Everything Art for PaperArtsy. I added collage with the image from an advert who looked suitably joyful as per the quotation. The words themselves were done on a Dymo writer. I did some outlining with black and white markers as well as watersoluble oil pastels.
The old Greeks knew a thing or two about life and this is a quotation that speaks to me particularly at the moment. The things you enjoy in life change over time and if you don't pay attention enough you keep going with what you used to enjoy instead of what gives you joy in the present moment. I love making these spreads in my art journals and it's the one thing I am keeping up with at the moment. So I'm taking heed and instead of doing what I think I should be doing I'm engaging in activities that give me an abundance of fun.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Another wonderful spread Frieda - liken the refresh on your blog too!

creativelenna said...

That all sounds very good to me!

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love your final paragraph...how true that is. It's so easy to forget to be mindful and just to carry on with something out of habit or expectations of others. Beautiful page, Frieda. I always love how you can take a magazine image and really make it a part of the page. The background is so interesting and I love the pops of fluorescent pink. Fabulous sentiment! I am going to post it in my craft room.

anna said...

Fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails