Tuesday 12 December 2017

Conversations like this

As part of the series of Wanderlust 2017 classes we received a monthly prompt for a collage. It told us what to do on it in a timespan of just 5 minutes. The clues will remain secret but this is what I ended up with, sized 9 x 12". I already knew what might happen last as I had done the same project during Wanderlust 2016. The collage is to be cut up. To  my shame I must admit now that I never cut up the 2016 one as I liked it too much. I feel less of an emotional pull about this one, perhaps because I surmised I would be told to cut this one up too. So you will eventually see how this one ended up but I thought I would share it here first before getting the scissors out.
The entire collage started with a layer of vintage text where we had circled some words. I kept the full text that I had circled and it read:

"importance to the world
filling it with words
the good became characteristic
old black silk gown and grey shawl
a waste of valuable time
conversations like this
with great sinners
turned austere"
Other words were added as per the instructions where we were to write down how we were feeling on a given day. There is also more collage, as well as rubber stamping with art foamies and other stamps, as well as lots of doodling in both the back and foreground
I also added some random items (such as washi tape) simply because I felt like it and thought the collage needed it.

Now for the cutting up!

There will be another series of classes: Wanderlust 2018, and I hope there will be another collage activity like this one too.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

I've signed up for 2018 Frieda - my first time! Looking forward to it after seeing all the fun you and others have had the past couple of years :)...

Linda Kunsman said...

Well, I can see why it's hard to cut up a collage like this. But I am looking forward to seeing the end results:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails